Cumulus Wiki Weather Template Project
THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN CANCELED
This is a combo project that combines a number of tools into a complete weather station website that requires only realtime.txt file updates to provide its data.
Project Info Sections
- Project Requirements
- Project Status
- Project Reference
- Downloads - Not Available Yet
- Live Demonstration of the template
What makes up the package
The following tools are used to create this system:
- Boltwire Wiki
- Cumulus Weather Software
- Cumulus Silverlight Realtime
- TNET Boltwire Cumulus Plugin
- TNET Boltwire GoogleiCal Plugin
- TNET Cumulus JpGraph Graphs
- TNET Cumulus RealTimeLog
- TNET Cumulus Thermometer
- TNET Cumulus Webtag system with extended variables
- Collection of new log files based on webtag info also rotated and maintained monthly for extended reports.
- TNET (SFS) Stop Forum Spam Boltwire Plugin
- Logfile rotation with extended logfile support
- Lytebox Image Manager
- TNET Boltwire Pseudo-cron Plugin (Based on v1.3)
When complete, the user of the website can use the wiki system to expand the site to add more pages and features. Update traffic is light since only the realtime.txt file needs to be sent to the website on a regular basis.
Charts, history and other data is all collected from those realtime.txt file updates.
TNET Services will be providing a paid installation support option to those that want to have their site installed and configured for them. More details coming soon.
Currently, the developer of this combined project is Kevin Reed of TNET Services, Inc. known on the Cumulus and other forums as TNETWeather.
TNET has over the years provided new and inovative ideas on how to present weather data for a number of weather system based packages including:
- Original PHP templating system that became the base for the WD CarterLake and susbequent following template series.
- PHP Weather FAQ
- Wx-host Dynamic Weather Icons
- WD Sparkline Package
- A number of WD scripts (RainDetail, Monthly NOAA, Daily NOAA)
- WD Rain Detail
- WD Clientraw Parser
- WD Notebook Tutorial Pages
- Cumulus JpGraph Graphs
- Cumulus RealTimeLog
- Cumulus PHP-GD Banner
- Cumulus PHP-GD Avatar
- Cumulus WAP
- and a number of custom created graphics used by weather stations and weather forums.